Humax have done it – they have released the first Freeview HD set-top box in the UK. This is the first device to enable you to watch subscription-free High Definition content from the BBC and ITV – so long as you can receive Freeview HD over a standard TV aerial (use the coverage checker here).
Humax HD-Fox T2 Freeview Set-top-box Best Price
Humax HD-Fox T2 Freeview HD Box review
The much-anticipated device is a definite improvement on the previous Freeview boxes from Humax in the looks department. The all-black unit has a semi-reflective front panel with centrally located circular control and will look great underneath your HD TV. The dimensions are similar to a conventional Sky+ box or digital TV receiver – 28cm wide, 4.5cm high and 20cm deep.
As the first device on the market, there is no real surprise that this is a Freeview HD Receiver – not recorder. So at present, there is no way of recording HD content to be played at a later date (these devices are expected in the summer of 2010 from Humax and a whole host of other manufacturers).
That aside, it seems Humax have certainly done their homework and listened to feedback based on customer experience of their previous Freeview boxes.
Humax HD-Fox T2 Specifications
- Tuner: 1 x DVB-T2 Freeview HD (UK) Terrestrial
- Receive BBC HD and ITV HD as well as any other upcoming HD channels and all existing radio and TV standard definition Freeview channels
- 8-day on screen Electronic Programme Guide
- Dolby Digital + Audio output
- HDMI output (required to output signal to HD TV)
- Auto-detect new TV channels – no need to retune
- Uses less than 1 Watt power during standby
- Compatible resolution: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i
- USB port to allow playback of externally stored content on external USB hard drive or other USB storage device.
Humax HD-Fox T2 Freeview HD Price Comparison
This price comparison regularly checks the price of this Humax Freeview HD box at trusted UK stockists to find you the best price to buy online.